The Temporary Protection Visa Assessment Branch (TPVA) has made the following changes to the processing of 785 and 790 visas:
- Refusal Notifications – starting 12 September 2016
– Refusal notifications will be sent by email if consent has been provided to correspond electronically.
– Interview recordings will only be provided upon request; information on how to make requests will be included in the refusal letter.
- AFP Penal Certificates – starting 2 September 2016
– TPVA will no longer request Illegal Maritime Arrivals (IMA) to obtain AFP Penal Certificates. TPVA will automatically source information from the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission.
- Health Requests – starting shortly and to continue in stages over the next months
– TPVA will issue health requests of IMAs towards the front end of the process, including prior to the invitation to lodge an application. Arrangements can be made with the department’s visa medical provider.